Submission of Manuscript
Manuscripts should be written in English, prepared in LaTeX, and must be submitted as a PDF file in an email attachment to
Within a week you will receive acknowledgment that your submission has been received.
Submitted manuscripts to ECA will be refereed according to the highest standards. Initially, to make sure the submitted manuscript complies with the quality standards of ECA, your manuscript will be first reviewed by some of the members of the Editorial Board. After that, the manuscript will be sent to at least one referee and we will contact you as soon as we receive their reports. The median time from submission to publication is 6 months. Thus, we ask kindly not to send questions about your manuscript if it has been under consideration for less than 6 months.
After a manuscript is accepted and the final version of the accepted paper is received, it will be published within a few days.
Notes: If your file is larger than 8 MB, contact the Editor-in-chief. Also, in case you did not receive an acknowledgment within a week, then again contact the Editor-in-chief.
When submitting a manuscript, the (corresponding) author, should make sure that the manuscript contains:
(1) Title of the manuscript
. The title should be concise and indicate as clearly as possible the subject of the manuscript.
(2) Author names and affiliations
. The affiliation should include the postal address, country, and email address of each author.
. The abstract should describe the problem studied and the main results. It should be concise, informative, and self-contained. It should not contain equation numbers, citations, or references.
. Specify 2 to 5 keywords.
(5) Mathematics Subject Classification
. Include one or more Math. Subj. Class. codes - see https://mathscinet.ams.org/mathscinet/msc/msc2020.html
By submitting the manuscript, the authors confirm
- The manuscript has not been previously published.
- The manuscript is not under consideration elsewhere, nor will it be submitted for publication elsewhere while it is being handled by EAC.
- If the manuscript is accepted by ECA, then it will not be published elsewhere.
- The submission file is in PDF document file format.
Upon acceptance of the paper
author/s will provide the document in the LaTeX style provided by ECA. The final version Manuscripts accepted for publication must be prepared in LaTeX according to the ECA format example.tex
. The LaTex version of the paper should be executed without errors. When submitting the LaTex version of the paper, please send also all ‘supplementary files’. The recommended format for image files is PDF, but EPS format is also acceptable. Regarding references, authors should use the abbreviations of the journals’ names, provided by MathSciNet. Also, make sure that all your references are carefully formatted following the examples provided in the sample file.
In addition to the above, the authors should pay attention to the following matters: When submitting a manuscript, the corresponding author may suggest some potential referees, who have not coauthored
with them during the last 5 years. The editorial office may or may not use such suggestions.
Open Access and Copyright
Articles in Enumerative Combinatorics and Applications are published under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/ (CC BY-ND)
. After the paper is accepted, the corresponding author will be required the following: Ensure when sending the final version of the manuscript, adding the following to your email: "All authors agree that their article is licensed and released under the CC BY-ND LICENSE; CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION 4.0 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE."
Authors retain the copyright and full publishing rights without restrictions.
Enumerative Combinatorics and Applications adheres to the following documents regarding the Publication Ethics.
(1) Policy Statement on Ethical Guidelines, American Mathematical Society
(2) Best Current Practices for Journals, International Mathematical Union
(3) Code of Practice, European Mathematical Society (EMS) Ethics Committee
(4) EMS Ethics Committee Comments on the EMS Code of Practice
The authors can deposit their versions of manuscripts (not the one that includes ECA styles) in arXiv or in other repository pages.
Interviews in ECA
Usually, we decide which person we want to interview. Sometimes we are
advised to interview some well-known researchers in combinatorics. For example Stanley, suggested interviewing Knuth! (and some others.)
How we make it? We have a list of (almost) similar questions to all mathematicians we interview. We screen the page, papers, history etc, related to the person we interview and on our judgment we ask about specific questions (could take several days). We never do tricks of asking the same questions. However, we do not exclude the possibility of a similar question being asked before.
After fixing the file of the questions, we ask the interviewer to fill by writing all the questions (the interviewer have the right not to answer all the questions) in his/her suitable time. When we at ECA receive the file with the answers, do the following procedure:
(1) Making the style of the journal by adding a profile picture that is fixed by the interviewer. Sometimes some questions and some answers are removed to make the interview more interesting and less repeated. During editing, we usually suggest some footnotes (references/links) to clarify the text to the readers.
(2) Our language team, makes proofreading of the interview and prepares the final version (this could take few days).
(3) After all, the file will be sent to the interviewer, for his proofs. Here could be more than one round. In this step, always we ask the interviewer to agree with "This is to confirm that I do agree that the article (including the photos and figures) with the interview I had with Toufik Mansour for ECA is licensed and released under the CC BY-ND LICENSE; CREATIVE COMMONS ATTRIBUTION 4.0 INTERNATIONAL LICENSE".
George E. Andrews
Edward A. Bender
Carla D. Savage
Richard P. Stanley
Lauren K. Williams